INVESTIGATION ON THE EFFECT OF THE POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL ON THE ELECTROPHORTIC DEPOSITION OF ALUMINA AND ZIRCONIA
AbstractThis work is a study of the effect of polyethylene glycol (PEG) on electrophoretic deposition) EPD) of alumina and zirconia particles. The effect of polyethylene glycol as a binder material and the toluene as a dielectric liquid, on the pH of suspension, the final thickness and green density of the deposed parts were studied. There was a difference in the behavior of polyethylene glycol when added for the alumina suspension and the zirconia suspension. The increase in polyethylene glycol was useful to deposit the zirconia more than alumina. The pH for both alumina and zirconia suspension increases with the increase of polyethylene glycol content and with the addition of toluene due to increase of the OHâ€“ concentration in the suspension. This increase of pH enhances the particle surface charge and enhances the deposition rate, which led to the increase of density of the deposit
2. MARIJAS. LAZI; KORNELIJA SIMOVI; VESNA B. MISKOVIC-STANKOVI C ; DUSAN KICEVIC, â€ The influence of the deposition parameters on the porosity of thin alumina films on steelâ€, J.Serb.Chem.Soc., Vol.69,No.(3) , 2004,pp.(239â€“249).
3. Vesna MiÅ¡koviÄ‡-StankoviÄ‡, â€ ELECTROPHORETIC DEPOSITION OF ALUMINA AND BOEHMITE COATINGS ON METAL SURFACESâ€, Macedonian Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 2,2012, pp. (183â€“193 ).
4. Linda Berg Aas, â€ Corrosion protection of metals/alloys by EPD (electrophoretic deposition)â€, Master thesis ,Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Materials Science and Engineering ,2014.
5. Pouya Amrollahi; Jerzy S. Krasinski; Ranji Vaidyanathan; Lobat Tayebi;Daryoosh Vashaee, â€œElectrophoretic Deposition (EPD): Fundamentals and Applications from Nano- to Micro-Scale Structuresâ€, Handbook of Nanoelectrochemistry, Springer International Publishing Switzerland,2015.
6. E. Caproni ; D. Gouvea ; R. Muccillo, â€œYttria-stabilized zirconia closed end tubes prepared by electrophoretic depositionâ€, Science Direct ,Ceramics International ,Vol.37, 2011 ,pp.(273â€“277).
7. Laxmidhar Besra ; Meilin, â€œA review on fundamentals and applications of electrophoretic deposition (EPD)â€, Science Direct, Progress in Materials Science,Vol. 52, 2007 ,pp.(1â€“61) Liu.
8. Shaohua ZHANG ; C.C.Sorrel and F.Y.Li, â€œElectrophoretic Deposition of Ceramic Powderâ€,J.Mater. Sci. Tehnol., Vol.21, 2005 , pp.(107-110).
9. B. Ferrari; R. Moreno, â€Electrophoretic Deposition of Aqueous Alumina Slipsâ€ ,Journal of the European Ceramic Society, Vol. 17,1997,pp.(549-556).
10. Sasa Novak; Katja Konig, â€Fabrication of alumina parts by electrophoretic deposition from ethanol and aqueous suspensionsâ€, Science Direct ,Ceramics International ,Vol.35, 2009,pp.( 2823â€“2829).
11. Eduardo Antonelli; Ronaldo Santos da Silva; Maria InÃªs Basso Bernardi ; Antonio Carlos Hernandes, â€ Electrophoretic Deposition of BaTi 0.85 Zr0.15O3 Nanopowdersâ€, Materials Research,Vol. 16, No. 6,2013,pp.(1344-134).
12. Goupee, A, "Methodology for the Themomechanical Simulation and Optimization of Functionally Graded Materials", M. Sc. Thesis, Mechanical Engineering,2005, p. (6).
Copyright (c) 2018 Al-Qadisiyah Journal for Engineering Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.