NUMERICAL INVESTIGATION OF MIXED CONVECTION BY NON-CONCENTRIC POSITIONS OF ROTATING CIRCULAR CYLINDER IN SQUARE ENCLOUSRE
AbstractIn this work numerical investigation of mixed convection by non-concentric different positions of rotating circular cylinder in square enclosure is investigated. The assumption of using six rotating cylinders at constant temperature Th and square closed enclosure with temperature Tc for all walls are maintained. Continuity, Momentum and energy governing equations are solved by using finite volume technique using Ansys-Fluent 16 commercial code with two dimension and steady state case. Richardson number (Ri=Gr/Re2) varying over the wide range of 0.1, 1, 10,100, 1000 and . This research investigate the effect of changing the rotating circular cylinder positions along the vertical centerline on the fluid flow and heat transfer inside the enclosure. Six different positions are tested. The phenomenon inside the square enclosure is mathematically analyzed. A streamlines, isothermal patterns, local Nusselt numbers, and average Nusselt numbers are calculated. The analytical results give that, the Richardson numbers is playing the dominant role on temperature distributions and flow patterns inside the enclosure. The average Nusselt number variation demonstrates the best location of rotating cylinder which gives best heat transfer value. The bottom left corner (P4) is the best location for hot rotating cylinders. While the rotating in middle right (P6) is the inferior position
2. Mohammed Khan, Arham Amin Khan, and Mohammad Nasim Hasan, " Numerical study of mixed convection heat transfer from a rotating cylinder inside a trapezoidal enclosure", International Conference on Mechanical Engineering AIP Conf. Proc. 1754, 050036-1â€“050036-7.
3. Ahmed K. M. Alshara, " effect of single or multi rotatinghorizontal cylinders on the mixed convection heat transfer inside a triangular enclosure", Al-Qadisiya Journal For Engineering Sciences Vol. 5 No. 1 Year 2012.
4. Chuan-Chieh Liao, Chao-An Lin," Mixed convection of a heated rotating cylinder in a square enclosure", Int. Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 72 (2014) pp 9â€“22.
5. Fatih Selimefendigil, Hakan F. Oztop " Numerical study of MHD mixed convection in a nanofluid filled lid driven square enclosure with a rotating cylinder", Int. Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 78 (2014) pp741â€“754.
6. Salam Hadi Hussain, Ahmed Kadhim Hussein," Mixed convection heat transfer in a differentially heated square enclosure with a conductive rotating circular cylinder at different vertical locations", Int. Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 38 (2011) pp. 263â€“274.
7. Fatih Selimefendigil a,*, Hakan F. OÂ¨ztop," MHD mixed convection of nano fluid filled partially heated triangular enclosure with a rotating adiabatic cylinder", Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers 45 (2014) pp 2150â€“2162 .
8. Chuan-Chieh Liao, Chao-An Lin, "Mixed convection of a heated rotating cylinder in a square enclosure", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer Â· May 2014.
9. Paulo Mohallem GuimarÃ£es, Doacir Vilar de Assis Junior, GenÃ©sio JosÃ© Menon, " laminar natural convection in a square enclosure with in internal rotating heated cylinder", Proceedings of the 10o Brazilian Congress of Thermal Sciences and Engineering â€“ ENCIT- 2004. Braz. Soc. of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering -- ABCM, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Nov. 29 -- Dec. 03, 2004.
10. Aydin Misirlioglu, "The effect of rotating cylinder on the heat transfer in a square cavity filled with porous medium", International Journal of Engineering Science 44 (2006) 1173â€“1187.
11. V.A.F. Costa, A.M. Raimundo," Steady mixed convection in a differentially heated square enclosure with an active rotating circular cylinder", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 53 (2010) 1208â€“1219.
12. Fariborz Karimi, Hongtao Xu, Zhiyun Wang, Mo Yang, Yuwen Zhang, " Numerical simulation of transient forced convection in a square enclosure containing two heated circular cylinders", 233_Talkhoncheh_IJNMHFF_2016.
13. Yu-fei WANG, Xu XU, Tian TIAN, Li-wu FAN, Wen-long WANG, Zi-tao YU," Laminar mixed convection heat transfer of SiC-EG nanofluids in a triangular enclosure with a rotating inner cylinder: simulations based on the measured thermal conductivity and viscosity", J Zhejiang Univ-Sci A (Appl Phys & Eng) 2015 16(6):478-490.
14. Chuan-Chieh Liao, Chao-An Lin "Mixed convection of heated rotating cylinder in a square enclosure" International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 72 (2014) 9-22.
15. Ansys Fluent Theory Guide, Release 16.0.
Copyright (c) 2018 Al-Qadisiyah Journal for Engineering Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.