EXPERIMENTAL AND NUMERICAL STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF HEATED OBSTRUCTION WITHIN A SPACE (WELDING WORKSHOP) ON THREE DIMENSIONAL AIR FLOW CHARACTERISTIC
AbstractThis study investigates experimentally and numerically the environmental conditions prevailing in a large mechanically ventilated welding workshop which lies in the Basra Oil Training Institute in Iraq. The numerical part was accomplished with the aid of the computational fluid dynamics by ANSYS 15 program. This software program was compared against the results of a resemblance research work ]1[, which shows a good agreement. Numerical results are compared with experimental data collected during different ventilation and occupational conditions of empty and full workshop daily work, and there is a good agreement between experimental data and numerical results. The experimental part was done by using suitable calibrated devices to measure the air velocity, temperature, relative humidity and concentration of CO, CO2 gases in the different locations of the indoor environment of welding workshop. The results of this study demonstrate that the occupants of the existed welding workshop suffer from healthy problems because of the harmful gases, and the inefficient ventilation system used
2. Khanooba, M, R, Numerical and Experimental Study of the best Air Conditioning System of a Large Athletic Hall (Wrestling Hall), M.S.C Thesis, The College Of Engineering University Of Basra, 2015.
3. Abdul Rahman I., Pratama Putra J.C., Asmi A., Modelling of Particle Dispersion in Mechanically Ventilated Space, Canadian Center of Science and Education, 2014.
4. G. Buonanno ,n, L.Morawska, Stabile,Exposure to welding particles in automotive plants, Journal of Aerosol Science 42, 2011,pg. 295â€“304.
5. AZIAN BINTI HARIRI, THE DEVELOPMENT OF WELDING FUMES HEALTH
RISK ASSESSMENT TOOL FOR AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENT RELATED INDUSTRIES,Ph.D thesis , Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia,2015.
6. Jeffrey R. Walls, Characterization of Work Practices and Ventilation Techniques in Shipyard Confined Space Welding, M.S.C Thesis, University of Washington, 2012.
7. User's Guide for Extech Instruments, Model 451181 Data logging / Printing Anemometer+Psychrometer.(2010).
8. Versteeg H. K. , Malalasekera W. , An introduction to computational fluid
dynamics-the finite volume method, Longman, 2nd Edition, 2007.
9. ANSYS, Inc. (2013), Users Guide, 15 version.
10. Iraqi standard for Ambient Air Quality from Directorate of the Environment of Basra,2016.
11. D.R Qugston, S.L Hodkinson, Faber & Kells Heating and Air conditioning of Bulding , page 401-429, 2008.
12. AHMED ABDULELAH SALIM, Theoretical and experimental study of thermal comfort and contaminant removal in hospital operating room, M.Sc. thesis, UNIVERSITY OF BASRAH, 2012.
Copyright (c) 2018 Al-Qadisiyah Journal for Engineering Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.