Detection of fimA & fimC genes of Salmonella Typhimurium isolated from different sources
AbstractThe collection of 500 different sample for the purpose of investigating the bacterium Salmonella typhimurium as included 140 stool specimens from children, male and female who admitted to the Teaching Hospital of Maternity and Pediatrics, in Al-Diwaniya ,90 a sample of stool pigeons ,142 a sample of the liver freezer and 128 sample of frozen meat examined in the laboratory of public health in Diwaniya, a laboratory of the Central Health in Baghdad.. The results of culturing on selective media, in addition to API 20 E system revealed that the rate of Salmonella isolates was (54/500)10.8% . results of serotyping Salmonella isolates by using monovalent antisera revealed that 50 out of 54 isolates (92.6 %) belong to S .typhimurium. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was used to detect fimA gene encoding for biosynthesis of fimbriae A of S. typhimurium and fimC gene encoding for fimbriae C of S. typhimurium, PCR technique revealed that 5092.6%) ) isolates of S. typhimurium. were contain fimA and fimC gene.
2. Al – Abaddi, H. F. H. (2005). Comparison between modified method with delayed secondary enrichment of Salmonella isolated from poultry products .M. Sc. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad.
3. Al – Janabi, J. K. (2001). Characteristics of salmonellae isolated from children with diarrhea in Al-Diwaniya city. M.Sc. Thesis, College of Education, Al – Qadisiya University.
4. Al – Janabi, J. K. (2006). Microbiological study of some causative agents of diarrhea in children under five year of age in Al – Diwaniya city. Ph.D. Thesis. College of Education, Al – Qadisiya University.
5. Al – Karawiy, H. A. M. (2008). Isolation and identification of Salomonella typhimurium and detection of gene encoded type -1- fimbria by using polymerase chain reaction. M.Sc. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Basrah.
6. Al- Haiyderi, A . A.S .(2013). The Prevalence of Salmonella spp. In Imported Beef and Chicken Meats in local Markets of Al- Diwaniyia City. College of Veterinary, Al-Qadisiya University.
7. Al- Molla, M. A. (2005). Detection of Salmonella carrier in cows in Basrah. M.Sc. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Basrah , Iraq.
8. Al-Rawi, Z. S. H. (2003). Diagnostic study of Salmonella typhimurium in patients and Cattle. M.Sc. Thesis, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Baghdad.
9. Alvarez, J.; Sota, M.; Vivanco, A. B.; Perales, I.; Cisterna, R.Rementeria, A. and Garaizar, J. ( 2004). Development of a Multiplex PCR technique for detection and epidemiological typing of Salmonella in human clinical samples. J. Clin. Microbiol. 42(4):1734–1738.
10. Arrach, N.; Porwollik, S.; Cheng, P.; Cho, A.; Long, F.; Choi, S. and McClelland, M. (2008). Salmonella serovar identification using PCR-based detection of gene presence and absence. J. Clin . Microbiol. 46(8): 2581–2589.
11. Coburn B.; Grassl G.A. and Finlay B.B. (2007).Salmonella, the host and disease: a brief review. Immunol. Cell Biol.85:112–118.
12. Forbes , B. A. ; Sahm, D. F. and Weissfeld, A. S. (2007). Diagnostic Microbiology 12th ed. Bailey and Scotts'. Mosby Elsevier. China., pp: 93-247.
13. Franklin K.; Lingohr E. J.; Yoshida C.; Anjum M.; Bodrossy L.; Clark C. G.; Kropinski A. M. and Karmali M. A.(2011). Rapid Genoserotyping Tool for Classification of Salmonella Serovars. J. Clin. Microbiol.49 (8): 2954–2960.
14. Ibrahim,H.S.(2007).Bacteriological studies on Pathogens in Egyptian Pigeon.serology Unit .Animale Health Reserch Institiute,Dokki,Giza,Egypt.
15. Jawad, A. A . (2010). Detection of fim A, rfbj (B) and fimC Genes of Salmonella Isolates Using Singleplex and Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction. M.Sc. Thesis. College of Medicine , Al-Qadisiya University.
16. MacFaddin , J.E. (2004). Biochemical tests for identification of medical MedicalBacteria 3rd ed. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, USA.
17. Pang, S. (2012). Bacterial genomics and its applications in molecular epidemiology of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium Ph.D. Thesis. School of biotechnology and biomolecular sciences .The University of New South Wales. Australia.
18. Pickup, R. W.; Rhodes, G. and Hermon-Taylor, J. (2003). Monitoring bacterial pathogens in the environment: advantages of a multilayered approach. Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 14: 319–325.
19. Wattiau P.; Boland, C. and Bertrand S. (2011). Methodologies for Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica subtyping: gold standards and alternatives. J. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 77(22):7877-7885.