Partial study of the neuraminidase enzyme in bacteria Bacteroides fragilis isolated from patients with chronic tonsillitis in the city of Al-Diwaniyah
Abstract112 patients underwent a tonsillitis and 224 tonsil submitted during the period from October 2014 to May 2015. The patients' ages ranged from (3-40) years, 63 (56.25%) case were males and 49 (43.75%) were females. Tonsils were divided into two groups first (112) tonsil, and it was obtained 30 isolates of Bacteroides fragilis percentage 26.78% of the total 112 tonsil,diagnosed by bacteriological standard and technical roads polymerase chain reaction (PCR) The other group (112) has been getting it on (57) isolation of B.fragilis diagnosed by direct polymerase chain reaction technique (Direct PCR) and both molecular methods were using gene diagnostic (nanH).
The use of quality Primers in the PCR and Direct PCR techniques to investigate gene nanH responsible for coding for the enzyme neuraminidase, The results showed that the possession of all isolates (30) isolation of the gene nanH in the PCR technique, the technique of the Direct PCR showed 57 isolates which from (112) tonsil nanH possess the gene and thus the Direct PCR technique gave a higher proportion of roads bacteriological standard to isolate B.fragilis.
2. Alnori, H. A.; Mahmod, K. A.; and Mohammed, A. A. M. (2014).Bacteriological, Serologiـ cal and Histopathological Study on Tonsillectomy Specimens. JAMA, 13(2): 219-225.
3. Brook, I.; Yokum, P. and Shah, K.(1980). Surface versus core-tonsillar aerobic and anaerobic flora in recurrent tonsillitis. JAMA, 244(15): 1696 – 98.
4. Govan, A. D.; Macfarlane, P.S. and Callander, R. (1983). Pathology illustrated. Sheckwan Tong Ltd, New York.
5. Jawetz, E.; Melnick, J. L. and Adelberg, E. A. (2010). Medical Microbiology .25thed. McGraw-Hill.
6. Jotwani, R.; Kato, N.; Kato, H.; Watanabe, K. and Ueno, K. (1995). Detection of Bacteroides fragilis in Clinical Specimens by Polymerase Chain Reaction Amplification of the Neuraminidase Gene. Current Microbiology, 31: 215-219.
7. Leboffe, M. and Pierce, B. (2010). A photographic Atlas for the Microbiology Laboratory. 4th ed. USA
8. Macfaddin, J.F. (2000). Biochemical test for bacteria, 3nded.the Williams and Wilkins. London. Identification of medical Microbiology .8thed .The McGraw-Hill Companies. USA.
9. Mandell, G.L.; Douglas, G.R. and Bennett, J.E. (2000). Principles and Practice of Infectious Disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingsـ tone, pp: 5.
10. Rajesh, Bakashi, P. and Chatterji, M.(2008). Bacterial or viral is age an indicator in acute suppurative tonsillitis. JK Science , 10:37-44.
11. Sears, C. (2009). Enterotoxigenic Bacteroides fragilis: a rogue among symbiotes. Clin Microbiol Rev, 22, 349-69.
12. Thomas, R. A. (2012). Comparative study of the core culture of the tonsils in patients having recurrent / chronic tonsillitis vs. tonsils with obstructive symptoms, in atertiary care institute. Pondicherry University, India, 114-115.
13. Verma, V.; Khurana, S.; Ram, S. and Greval, R. S. (2001). Incidence of anaerobes in throat infections and their sensitivity pattern in Ludhiana. Indian J. Med. Sci. , 55:371-5.
14. Wexler, H. (2007). Bacteroides: the good, the bad, and the nitty-gritty. Clin. Microbiol. Rev. , 20, 593-621.